Welcome to the 2017 Annual General Meeting Results Page.
The 2017 AGM was held at Crossways Community Centre on Wednesday 15th February.
Following the AGM a presentation of long service certificates (5 & 10 Years) was made to the following: -
Ten Years Service: -
- Matt Goodliffe
Five Years Service: -
- Ann Hale
- Alan Hale
- Spencer Martin
- Deb Marks
- Terry Drewitt
Minutes of the 2017 AGM are available to download/print here.
Minutes of the 2016 AGM are available to download/print here.
Members are reminded that for those yet to pay the 2017 Subscriptions (£20) are now due. Please pay ASAP to minimise this unnecessary administrative burden on the Treasurer. To pay direct to the DorSAR Bank account click here for instructions
The Agenda with notes on results is posted below.
Elected Positions up for renewal are tabulated below, showing the current incumbent and their intention to stand again or not. As other nominations are received the table will be populated further (Closing Date 9th February 2016,). Click on the Name of the Applicant to view their Nomination & Seconder and Personal Statement (if provided): -
Election of Officers:
|Dep Chairman||Lee Stones||Re-Elected|
||Vacant (REQD!) - Temp C Poulter
|Dep Secretary||Colin Warburton||Elected|
|Dep Mem Sec||Vacant|
||Graham (Bertie) Beckram||Elected|
| Dep Operations Officer
|Dep PR Officer||Dave Hixson-Ward||Elected|
|Dep Fundraising Officer||Brian Kennedy||Elected|
|Membership Representative||Barry Sweetman||Elected|
|Vice Mem Rep||Stephanie Critchel||Elected|
|Additional Trustee *1
*1 - Each elected Management Committee member will (Not Dep Positions) become a Trustee of DorSAR. Any current Trustee who is not re-elected will cease to be a Trustee. In addition there is one Non-Management Committee Trustee Position which is nominated, seconded and Voted on in the same way as the other posts.
Appointed positions will be reviewed by the relevant Elected Officers after the AGM.
NB: Only matters published on this Agenda can be discussed at this meeting. Members can request additions to this Agenda up until 9th February 2016 after which only emergency matters can be added SUBJECT TO the majority approval of those present at the AGM (if required the chairman will administer this at the start of the AGM).
- Chairman's Welcome and Opening Remarks
- Apologies for absence
- Minutes of 2016 AGM (Click here to view/print a copy)
- Matters arising
- Reports from officers for 2016
- Secretary - Dave Wraight
- Membership Secretary – Moira Whitlock
- Treasurer – Roger Duarte
- Operations Officer – Dave Whitlock
- Public Relations Officer – Brian Kennedy
- Chairman's report for 2016
- Item for Discussion/Vote – Proposed by the Management Committee – Membership Fees: To retain at £20 for subs due 2018.Note 1 - Passed by Membership
- Item for Discussion/Vote – proposed by Dave Hixson-Ward -Team Log – DorSAR logo: Replacement of the current DorSAR logo with the Lowland Rescue Dorset Team Logo.Note 2 - Passed by Membership
- Item for Discussion/Vote – Proposed by the Management Committee – Fundraising Officer : To increase the number of members/trustees on the management committee by adding a Fundraising officer.Note 3 - Passed by Membership
- Item for Discussion/Vote – Proposed by the Management Committee – Wording change in OP 001: 5.1 changing ‘exercise’ to ‘regular activities and exercises’.Note 4 - Passed by Membership
- Item for Discussion/Vote – Proposed by the Management Committee – Crossways Youth and Community Centre Trustee: Should this become a separate role drawn from the whole membership or be assigned to a member of the management team? Note 5 - Passed by Membership
- Vote of thanks for retiring Officers.
- Election of Officers (see table above)
- Police Address (Representative from Dorset Police) - Dorset Police were unable to attend a 'virtual report' was given on their behalf by the Chairman
- Meeting Close.
Note 1 - The retiring Management Committee consider with the current financial situation of the organisation, there is no need to propose a change in membership fee and that it should remain at £20 for subs due in 2018.
Note 2 - Replacement of the current DorSAR logo with the Lowland Rescue Dorset Team Logo. Argument Presented By D Hixson-Ward, 1: The Lowland Rescue team logos are nationally recognised and shows that we belong to the Lowland Rescue family. 2: The movement by Lowland Rescue to increase central funding would be easier if member teams used the Lowland Rescue Team Logo. 3: The Lowland Rescue Brand is slowly strengthening and by greater adoption of the use of the LR logo and Team Badges this would help increase awareness. 4: The DorSAR logo is difficult to read and from a graphic design perspective, certainly not ideal for those with impaired visual acuity such as colour blindness. The retiring Management Committee support this proposal with some measures added for the introduction.
Note 3 - The retiring Management Committee consider it necessary to introduce this post to focus on DorSAR funding in particular Corporate Sponsorship.
Note 4 - The retiring Management Committee consider it necessary make minor word changes to Para 5.10 on how competences are maintained.
Note 5 - The retiring Management Committee seek the memberships view on how DorSAR provides a Trustee to sit on the Crossways Youth Centre Trust. Part of our agreement with Crossways Youth and Community Centre is that we have a representative on the Trustees. Should this become a separate role drawn from the whole membership or be assigned to a member of the management team?